Oreo Pudding Poke Cake

I'd like to introduce you guys to one of my new favorite cakes. Or maybe my favorite cake since I can't really think of any other favorites...Anyway, I have always been obsessed with cookies 'n cream anything so this cake is right up my alley.

My little boy turned 2 a couple of weeks ago and this is the cake I made for his family birthday party.
It is moist, creamy and has the perfect amount of cookie crunch on top. It's SO easy to put together, too. Definitely a winner in my book.

Oreo Pudding Poke Cake
Source: The Country Cook
1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients needed to make cake)
2 (4 oz.) packages of instant Oreo pudding (I was only able to find this at Wal-Mart)
4 cups milk
2-3 cups of Oreo cookies, crushed

1. Combine cake mix according to box instructions and pour into a well-greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake as instructed on box.
2. Just before the cake is done, combine the pudding and milk in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk for about 2 minutes until lumps are gone. Let mixture sit for about 2 minutes more. (You'll want the pudding to slightly thicken.)
3. When cake is done and still warm, remove from oven and poke holes about 1 inch apart using a wooden spoon handle or straw.
4. Pour pudding mixture over warm cake until it is completely covered. Spread pudding with a spatula to make an even layer.
5. Place the cake in the refrigerator for about an hour until completely cooled. (Make sure to place on hot pads.)
6. Once cooled, top with crushed Oreos and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts